If you are looking to relocate office, then there are a few things that should always be considered. Ask anybody who has done it and you will find out that there is more to office relocation. It’s not just about moving from one office to another. There is a checklist that should be used to make office relocation easier. Here are some of the things go in the checklist;
- Have a team that is responsible for the relocation. Depending on the size of your company, get several people and form a team. If you have different departments in your company, get a team for every department. Have a team leader that will oversee everything. These teams will be responsible for the facilitation of the relocation process. Each team should make sure everything gets relocated safely.
- Have a budget. Office relocation is different from any other kind of move. It will probably cost you more to move an office. This is something you must know well in advance. Get a rough estimate of what it would cost to relocate your office. Set aside a reasonable budget for it. The budget should also allow for emergencies. For instance there are some things that may need replacing after the move.
- Communication is very important during relocation. Make a point of establishing communication patterns between the different teams. Communication should also be facilitated between the office and the removals. People must be able to keep in touch during the whole move. You could appoint someone to make sure of this.
- There should be a relocation timetable. This is to make sure that everything is kept on schedule. Have a clearly set date for when the move should take place. The removal company should also now when you need your new office set up. Completion of the relocation should be timely to avoid inconveniences.
- The teams should make a checklist of all the things that need relocation. There should be lists of all the office equipment. If there are receipts for the equipment, they should be attached to the list. This is to make sure that everything is accounted for before and after the move. The receipts also help in case of liability claims.
- Check if you have insurance for office relocation. This will depend with the type of office. One with expensive equipment will need adequate cover for the move. If your current insurance doesn’t provide cover for relocation, get one that does. You can not be sure about will happen during relocation. Getting all your bases covered is the only way you can make sure that everything turns out well.